Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lima...to Colombia!

We arrived in Lima, Peru after a FULL day (24+ hours) on the bus.  We expected more of the same from Bolivia but were greeted with the complete opposite.  Lima is nice.  It is clean.  It is very very American.  We were very surprised and in general pretty happy to be able to do some familiar things.  We saw the Hunger Games, I ate pinkberry, and we shopped at American stores.  It was nice for two days but to be honest it made me realize that I am not ready to go back home. I am still enjoying the differences in the cultures, the food, the people.  Maybe I will feel differently in four months, but for now... off we go to explore some more!

Our time in Bogota was quick and unfortunately Scott was sick for it.  We stayed in the Candeleria area which is very quaint and has tons of museums, galleries, and churches to check out.  

Here are some pictures from our time in Lima and Bogota... 

Central Square in Lima

Government Palace


A very unique art exhibit

The coast of Peru... kinda looks like PCH to me

A church in Bogota

La Candeleria, Bogota

No comments:

Post a Comment